Titan's main roles will be:
• lay and recover navigation buoys;
• haul wreckage from the bottom of the river;
• support diving operations; and
• undertake small scale plough dredging operations.
Quick facts on London Titan:
• £6.9 million vessel, Port of London's largest single investment in 20 years.
• Under construction at Manor Marine’s shipyard in Portland, Dorset.
• Three main engines, three propellers, three rudders and a bow thruster
• Equipped with ‘spud legs’ for positioning, two very large cranes, and seven winches.
Statistics and dimensions for London Titan:
Weight: 650 tonnes
Length: 36 metres
Width: 13.5 metres
Maximum draft: 2.2 metres
Air draft: 6 metres
Fitted with Radamec Controls eShip Alarm Monitoring and Control System